Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 - 2028
NOTICE OF THE PUBLICATION OF THE DRAFT LIMERICK DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2022-2028
Limerick City and County Council has prepared the Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, which is the first consolidated Draft Development Plan, which will cover both Limerick City and County, The Draft Plan sets out the blueprint for the development of Limerick from a economic, social, physical and environmnetal perspective.
Please view our virtual consultation room below for information on the layout of the Draft Plan 2022 -2028.
View virtual room in full screen
The Draft Plan consists of the following:
Volume 1: Written Statement;
Volume 2: Settlements and Zoning Maps;
Volume 3: Record of Protected Structures and Architectural Conservation Areas;
Volume 4: Strategic Environmental Assessment, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and Appropriate Assessment/Natura Impact Statement;
Volume 5: Designated Sites and Record of Monuments and Preservation Orders:
Volume 6: Housing Strategy, including Housing Need Demand Assessment, Retail Strategy, Building Height Strategy, Strategic Integrated Framework Plan for the Shannon Estuary and a review and update of the Limerick 2030 – A Spatial and Economic Strategy.
The Draft Plan will be placed on public display on Saturday 26th June to the 6th September 2021 inclusive and will be available to view online at Limerick Development Plan 2022-2028 | Limerick.ie and also in the following venues by appointment only and subject to Covid 19 Guidelines at the time.
- Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council, County Hall, Dooradoyle, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council Municipal District Offices in Newcastle West, Kilmallock and Rathkeale.
The Draft Plan will also be available in all Limerick City and County Council Libraries, throughout Limerick.
As part of the draft process public meetings will be held, by appointment only and subject to government guidance in relation to Covid 19, on the following dates:
- 29th June 2021 - Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 7.00pm;
- 1st July 2021 – Cappamore – Kilmallock Municipal Office, ÁraS Mainchin Seoighe Kilmallock, Co. Limerick from 2.00pm – 7.00pm
- 5th July 2021 - Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 7.00pm;
- 7th July 2021 – Cappamore Community Centre, Cappamore, Co. Limerick from 2.00 pm to 7.00 pm;
- 8th July 2021 – Newcastle West Municipal Office, Áras William Smith O'Brien, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick 2.00pm to 7.00pm
- 12th July 2021 – Rathkeale House Hotel, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick from 2.00pm to 7.00pm.
- 14th July 2021 - Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick from 10.00 am – 5.00pm;
The public are advised that an appointment shall be booked in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 061 – 556508, due to Covid – 19 restrictions.
A webinar will be hosted by Limerick City and County Council on Thursday 15th July 2021 at 6pm, on the Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, log onto www.limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan for more information.
Making a Submission
Limerick City and County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make a submission/observation on the Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028, via the following mediums, between the 26th June 2021 and the 6th September 2021 inclusive:
- Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie
- Email to email@example.com or
- In writing to Forward/Strategic Planning, Economic Development Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick