Sycamore Crescent Housing, Gortboy, Newcastle West Part VIII
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Part 8 Development
In accordance with Part XI of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Limerick City & County Council proposes to carry out the development described hereunder at the following site at Sycamore Crescent, Gortboy, Newcastle West, County Limerick.
The proposed development will be completed in two phases and will consist of:
- Phase 1: The provision of 21 no. residential units comprised of two storey and three storey dormer buildings, with a unit mix comprised of 6 no. 1 Bed units, 6 no. 2 Bed units, 6 no. 3 Bed units, 3 no. 4 Bed units;
- Phase 2: The provision of 10 no. residential units comprised of single storey and two storey buildings, with a unit mix comprised of 4 no. 1 Bed units, 6 no. 2 Bed units;
- New road running north-west connecting the existing Sycamore Crescent estate with the proposed development, then returning around from the north to run south-east to service proposed units to the rear, including all associated footpaths and 37 no. car parking spaces;
- Hard landscaping including; bin stores, privacy strip to front gardens, rear garden walls, bicycle stands, installation of street lighting;
- New public open space including soft landscaping, tree planting, street furniture, street lighting, footpaths;
- Soft landscaping including planting and trees throughout;
- Construction of and / or remedial works to boundaries with adjacent sites;
- Construction of new water main, new foul and storm sewers to connect into existing drainage system, and surface water drainage systems including Suds measures;
- Connection to public utilities;
- All associated site works.
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report in accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1B)(b)(i) and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has been determined that EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. Nonetheless, a person may within 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902.
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and it has been determined that a full Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from the 14th November 2022 up to and including the 12th December 2022 at the Customer Services Desk, Limerick City & County Council, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90 and at the Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, V94 WV78 between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Plans and particulars of the proposed development will also be available for inspection online during the above timeframe at https://mypoint.limerick.ie.
Submissions and observations in relation to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made in writing to The Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, V94 WV78, or by email to email@example.com or online via https://mypoint.limerick.ie, on or before 4p.m. on the 5th January 2023.
Note: Only submissions made in the above manner will be considered as valid submissions for the purposes of the Chief Executive’s Report that will be presented to Council.
Signed: Caroline Curley – Director of Service, Limerick City & County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick.
DATE OF ERECTION OF NOTICE 13th November 2022