Town and Village Renewal Scheme 2023
Deadline now extended to Monday September 25th
The Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS) which was introduced in 2016, is part of a suite of measures designed to rejuvenate rural towns and villages throughout Ireland. It is funded under Project Ireland 2040 and is a key measure directly supporting the objectives of Our Rural Future and the Town Centre First Government Policies.
“Town Centre First – A Policy Approach for Irish Towns” aims to create town centres that function as viable, vibrant and attractive locations for people to live, work and visit, while also functioning as the service, social, cultural and recreational hub for the local community. “Our Rural Future – Ireland’s Rural Development Policy 2021-2025” represents the Government’s blueprint for the development of rural Ireland over the next 5 years. It provides the framework to achieve the vision of transforming the quality of life and opportunity for people living in rural areas.
The 2023 Scheme aims to support the revitalisation of our rural towns and villages through a renewed focus on town centre economic and social recovery. This will be accomplished by focusing on the continued regeneration of our rural towns and villages to make them desirable, thriving locations for people to live, work and visit.
The type of projects eligible for funding under this scheme include:
- Town Regeneration Projects
- Streetscape enhancement including murals
- Projects to develop town parks, green spaces (incl. allotments and community gardens)
- Recreational spaces/amenities in town/village centres (incl. outdoor sports facilities e.g. skate parks, basketball courts, tennis courts etc.)
- Projects to support town or village centre markets, e.g. farmers markets or artisan markets.
- Refurbishment of existing community centres
- Bringing vacant and derelict buildings back into use as multi-purpose or community spaces
- Town/village centre plaza development
Under the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme, a maximum of 5 Expressions of Interest (EOIs) can be selected for progression to full application stage, for submission to the Department of Rural and Community Development, as follows:
- Projects up to €250,000 - a maximum of 4 EOIs can be selected for progression to full application stage.
- Projects from €250,000 to €500,000 – 1(one) EOI can be selected for progression to full application stage.
This Expression of Interest Form will remain open until 12 noon, Monday 25th September.
- Before starting the form, please review the Scheme Outline in full for all relevant information, available to view here.
- It is essential that all expressions of interest submitted under TVRS are consistent with the government policies; “Our Rural Future" which can be viewed here and “Town Centre First” which can be viewed here.
- Planning Permission and Appropriate Assessment screening (where required) must be in place for an EOI to be considered for shortlisting for onward submission of an application to the Department.
- All questions on the form must be answered and supporting documentation uploaded where specified.
- Any queries can be directed by email to TownAndVillageRenewal@limerick.ie or by phone to 061-557116
Please click “Next Page” below to begin your application.
When you finish, please ensure you have clicked “Submit”, otherwise we will not receive your expression of interest.