Limerick City & Environs Flood Relief Scheme - Section 177AE Planning Application for Ground Investigation Works
Public Information Notice
Limerick City & Environs
Flood Relief Scheme
Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended).
Limerick City and County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála under section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) for development comprising ground investigation work at Annacotty, Ballynanty, Castletroy, Corbally, Condell Road, Dock Road and Conigar embankments (within the townlands of Annacotty, Ballynanty, Castletroy, Corbally, Conigar, Corkanree, Courtbrack, Kilrush, Monabraher and Sreelane) in County Limerick, and Athlunkard, Knockballynameath and Quinspool South embankments (within the townlands of Athlunkard, Knockballynameath and Quinspool South) within County Clare.
The proposed development consists of ground investigation works to inform the option selection and design of the proposed Limerick City and Environs FRS. The proposed works will comprise of boreholes, cone penetration tests, window sampling and geophysical surveys as well as associated temporary access requirements and localised vegetation removal works.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
The requirements for the content of an application under section 177AE are set out under article 249 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (PDR) as amended. - include:
- Plans & Particulars
- Natura Impact Statement (NIS)
- Copy of Newspaper Notice (Irish Examiner 20.01.2022)
- Details of Prescribed Bodies
The planning documentation and NIS will be available for inspection free of charge at the following locations at the specified times during the period of 26th January 2022 to 9th March 2022 (inclusive of both dates and on working days only):
- Limerick City and County Council, Dooradoyle Road, Dooradoyle, Limerick, V94 WV87 between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mondays to Fridays (excluding bank holidays);
- Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90 between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mondays to Fridays (excluding bank holidays);
- Clare County Council, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, County Clare, V95 DXP2 between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Mondays to Fridays (excluding bank holidays);
- An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 between the hours of 9.15 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Mondays to Fridays (excluding bank holidays).
The Natura Impact Statement (full text) may be purchased on payment of a fee of €25. Copies are also available on USB for purchase on payment of a fee of €10. Please contact Customer Services, Limerick City & County Council on 061-556000 or email@example.com for details.
Submissions or observations may be made in writing to the Board at its offices at 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, during the period of 26th January 2022 to 9th March 2022 in relation to -
- the implications of the proposed development for the proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site,
if the proposed development is carried out.
Submissions or observations should reach An Bord Pleanála by 5.30 p.m. on the 9th March 2022.