Part VIII Limerick Greenway Hub - Rathkeale
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Part 8 Development
In accordance with Part XI of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Limerick City and County Council proposes to carry out the following development at the
“Limerick Greenway Hub – Rathkeale” to include car parking and restoration of derelict goods shed (which is a protected structure) incorporating bike hire, coffee dock and toilets at Old Railway Goods Shed Building, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick, V94 NR12.
Works to the Protected Structure and car park include the following:
- The re-instatement of new roof and roof overhang and insertion of new openings to the north gable.
- Change of use of the derelict Goods Shed to a new building for the Limerick Greenway Hub consisting of bike hire, coffee dock and toilets.
- Provision of external bin-store.
- Provision of an enhanced public realm area, and link to the greenway South and East of the Goods shed.
- The upgrade of the existing gravel public parking area to a bound surface with access control and a set down area on the public road.
- Provision and installation of public lighting and public seating.
- Provision of public utility connections.
- Provision of electric bike and car charging points.
- Provision of pedestrian crossing.
- Demolition of the existing site boundary wall.
- Demolition of the existing boiler house.
- All other ancillary works for the project.
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report in accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1B)(b)(i) and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has been determined that an EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. Nonetheless, a person may, within 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and has determined that a full Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, from 7th of October 2021 up to and including 5th November 2021 during office hours at the Customer Services Desk, Limerick City and County Council, Corporate Headquarters, Merchant’s Quay, the Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City and County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, the Rathkeale Municipal District Office, Áras Seán Finn, New Line, Rathkeale, and online at http://mypoint.limerick.ie
Submissions or observations in relation to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the works would be situated, will be accepted up to 4pm on the 19th November 2021
- in writing to the Planning and Environmental Services Department, Limerick City and County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick V94 WV78 or
- by email to email@example.com or
- online via http://mypoint.limerick.ie
Note: Only submissions made in the above manner will be considered as valid submissions for the purposes of the Chief Executive’s Report to be presented to Council.
Signed: Gordon Daly - Director of Service
Limerick City & County Council
Merchants Quay, Limerick
DATE OF ERECTION OF SITE NOTICE: 7TH of October 2021