Part 8 Planning Application - Lees Cross Junction Improvement Scheme
LIMERICK CITY & COUNTY COUNCIL
PART 8 DEVELOPMENT
Planning & Development Acts 2000 (as amended)
Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
In accordance with Part XI of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development
Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that the Roads ,Traffic & Cleansing dept of Limerick City & County Council proposes to
carry out the following development works at Lees Cross, Ballingarry commencing in the townlands of Ballyelan, Ballyhashig & Ballynoe.
- The development works will consist of: Separation of the existing five arm junction into two staggered T-junctions and in doing so formalise each arm of the junction, so that priority is clear, and to improve the sightlines at the junction.
- Proposed works is approximately 170m along the existing L-1211, 165m along the existing L-1210, 115m along the existing R-518 (Ballingarry Road).
- The existing R520 – R518 route will be maintained with the addition of some verge widening to improve the existing visibility.
- Site clearance, including the removal of existing hard surfaces, certain trees, hedgerows and field boundaries
- Diversion works of existing utilities such as electrical poles, telecoms and potentially some protections works to existing utilities
- Erection of new field and property boundaries
- Construction of new roads, road embankments, widening of existing verges, new links from the realigned roads to existing property entrances
Construction of road drainage systems including:
- interceptor ditches for overland flow
- new surface water drains in the form of grassed surface water channels and filter drains
- some carrier drains to convey runoff to an outfall point
- a soakaway
- Signage and road markings installation
Limerick City and County Council has carried out an Environmental impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report in accordance with the Roads Act 1993 (S.I. No 14 of 1993) as amended and has determined that there is no likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has been determined that EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. Nonetheless, a person may within 4 weeks from the date of the notice, apply to An Bord Pleanala for a screening determination. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary. An Bord Pleanala, 64 Marlborough Street Dublin 1. Limerick City and County Council has carried out Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and
has determined that a full Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Thursday 14th September 2023 up to and including Thursday 12th October 2023 at the following locations
- Customer Services Desk, Limerick City & County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick V94 EH90 between 9 a.m. – 5p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Planning Development Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick V94 WV78 between 9 a.m. - 4p.m. (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Aras Sean Finn, New Line, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick, V94HK1V between 9a.m. – 5p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Newcastle West Municipal District Office, Aras William Smith O Brien, Limerick City and County Council, Gortboy, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick V42 EH73 V94HK1V between 9a.m. – 5p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection online during the above timeframes at https://mypoint.limerick.ie/
Submissions and observations in relation to the proposed development dealing with proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made:
In writing to the Planning, Environment and Place Making Department, Limerick City and County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, V94 WV8
By email to email@example.com
Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie/
Submissions must be received on or before 4pm on Thursday 26th October 2023
Note: Only submissions made in the above manner will be considered as valid submissions for the purposes of the Chief Executive’s Report to
be presented to Council.
Director of Services, Transportation & Mobility
Limerick City and County Council
Merchant’s Quay, Limerick City and County Council