Part VIII - R510 Quinn's Cross to Raheen Roundabout
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (as amended)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Part 8 Development
In accordance with Part XI of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Limerick City & County Council proposes to carry out the following development at R510 between Quinn’s Cross Roundabout & Raheen Roundabout, Limerick.
The development will consist of:
- Segregated cycle lanes and footpath upgrades along the extent of the R510 between Quinn’s Cross Roundabout & Raheen Roundabout with dedicated pedestrian and cycle crossing facilities
- Upgrade of the traffic signals at Mungret Gate junction to provide both a protected junction arrangement for cyclists & bus priority measures for public transport.
- ‘Front of school’ treatment at St. Nessan’s National School
- Upgrade works to bus stops, side road junctions, and new road surfacing
- Installation of LED public lighting
- Surface water drainage works
- Landscaping works including tree removal & tree planting
- All associated site works
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report in accordance with the Roads Act 1993 (S.I. No 14 of 1993) as amended and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has been determined that EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. Nonetheless, a person may within 4 weeks from the date of the notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Limerick City & County Council has carried out an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and has determined a that a full Appropriate Assessment is not required in respect of this proposed development.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Wednesday 4th May 2022 up to and including Wednesday 1st June 2022 at the Customer Services Desk, Limerick City & County Council, Merchant's Quay, Limerick between 9a.m. - 5p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) and at the Planning, Environment and Place Making Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick V94 WV78 between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection online during the above timeframes at https://mypoint.limerick.ie.
Submissions and observations in relation to the proposed development, dealing with proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made:
- In writing to the Planning, Environment and Place Making Department, Limerick City & County Council Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, V94 WV78
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie
Submissions must be received on or before 4pm on Thursday 16th June 2022.
Note: Only submissions made in the above manner will be considered as valid submissions for the purposes of the Chief Executive’s Report to be presented to Council.
Director of Service – Transportation & Mobility
Limerick City & County Council,
Merchant’s Quay, Limerick