Proposed Revoking of the Castletroy Local Area Plan 2019 -2025, Southern Environs Local Area Plan 2021-2027 and Kilfinane Local Area Plan 2012 -2018 (as extended)
Limerick City and County Council
Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
Notice of Intention to revoke the Castletroy Local Area Plan 2019 – 2025, the Southern Environs Local Area 2021 – 2027 and the Kilfinane Local Area Plan 2012 – 2018 (as extended).
Pursuant to Section 20(3) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended), Limerick City and County Council, hereby gives notice that it intends to revoke the existing Local Area Plans for Castletroy, the Southern Environs and Kilfinane.
The Limerick Development Plan 2022 – 2028 is currently in Draft format and the Draft Plan includes written statements and maps for all of the settlements that were previously included in the above Local Area Plans. The Planning Authority consequently proposes to revoke these Local Area Plans.
Having regard to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Regulations 2004, the Planning Authority have determined that an Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA) are not required in this instance.
A copy of the determinations with regard to each of the Local Area Plans to be revoked together with a copy of the notice to revoke the existing Castletroy Local Area Plan 2019 – 2024, Southern Environs Local Area 2021 – 2027 and the Kilfinane Local Area Plan 2012-2017 (as extended) may be inspected during normal opening hours from Saturday 4th June 2022 – 11th July 2022 inclusive at the following locations:
- Limerick City and County Council Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick;
- Limerick City and County Council, County Hall, Dooradoyle, Limerick;
- Public Libraries as follows: Limerick City Library, Dooradoyle Library, Watch House Cross Library, Kilmallock Library and Kilfinane Library.
Making a Submission/Observation
Limerick City and County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make a submission/observation via the following mediums, between Saturday 4th June 2022 – 11th July 2022 inclusive:
- Online at https://mypoint.limerick.ie
- Email to email@example.com or
- In writing to Forward Planning, Economic Development and Enterprise Directorate, Limerick City and County Council, Merchants Quay, Limerick
In respect of making a submission or observation please, note the following:
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address, a map (if required for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy, email or website. Written submissions or observations with respect to the proposals are to be made to the Planning Authority within the period stated will be taken into consideration before the revoking the Plans. All submissions/observations must be received by close of business i.e. 5pm on Monday 11th July 2022.