Goal Four - Promote a socially integrated, healthy and safe Limerick – We feel this statement needs to go further than ‘promoting’ this. They should be making it happen. It should be either ‘work...
3.4 Goal Four - Promote a socially integrated, healthy and safe Limerick
Closed2 Oct, 2019, 11:17am - 18 Oct, 2019, 11:59pm
Goal Four - Promote a socially integrated, healthy and safe Limerick
- Provide and maintain attractive and safe facilities and public spaces, which are fully accessible to all in our community.
- Enhance quality of life in our social housing estates through collaborative, pro-active and supportive estate management, working with partners to promote the work of residents’ associations in private housing estates and support for community engagement.
- Promote and support the development and/or improvement of community facilities, and recreation, sports and cultural amenities for people and communities in the city and county so that we can maximise access to such facilities for people in Limerick and achieve efficiency in provision.
- Promote equality, diversity and human rights across the functions of Limerick City and County Council. Continue to support inter-cultural integration, a sense of belonging and inclusive environment for all.
- Promote health and well-being by supporting the implementation of key government strategies and through the implementation of a suite of Limerick City and County Council-led initiatives including Healthy Limerick and Age-Friendly Limerick.
- Work with the training and education agencies in Limerick to improve opportunities for learning, education and training and use our library, museum and arts service to enable learning, provide information and promote skills, creativity, ideas and knowledge.
- Through the vehicle of the Limerick Sports Partnership, we will continue to work to increase participation of low participation groups and socially-disadvantaged groups in physical activity and sport.