Goal Six - Transition to an environmentally sustainable low carbon resource efficient economy We will: • Ensure the implementation of the policy of Government under Ireland’s transition to a...
3.6 Goal Six - Transition to an environmentally sustainable low carbon resource efficient economy
closed2 Oct, 2019, 11:17am - 18 Oct, 2019, 11:59pm
Goal Six - Transition to an environmentally sustainable low carbon resource efficient economy
- Ensure the implementation of the policy of Government under Ireland’s transition to a Low Carbon Energy Future 2015-2030.
- Develop green infrastructure at local level and promote the use of nature-based solutions for the delivery of a coherent and integrated network.
- Move towards no net loss of biodiversity through strategies, planning, mitigation measures, appropriate off setting and/or investment in Blue- Green infrastructure.
- Through strategic noise mapping and Noise Action Planning, promote the proactive management of noise where it is likely to have significant adverse impact on health and quality of life.
- Implement the All Ireland Pollinator Plan including making public spaces more pollinator friendly, raising awareness of pollinators, expanding knowledge of pollinators and collecting evidence to track changes.
- We will promote and support environmental awareness to ensure a healthy living environment for all citizens and future generations. Continue and enhance measures for eradication, control and containment of invasive species.
- Improve water quality in the County’s rivers, lakes, estuaries and groundwater through the implementation of the River Basin Management Plan for Ireland.
- Improve air quality through supporting public transport, walking, cycling and promotion of energy efficient buildings homes and heating systems.
- Support, facilitate and incentivise the reduction in single use items and the move towards a circular economy.
Positive emphasis on climate change and biodiversity
This is great. I’m glad to see a commitment to biodiversity as well as transitioning to a low carbon economy.